Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cyber Crop Finale Fun

WOW!! We had such a great cyber crop at Scrap Pile on Friday night.
It was our last one for the year & also Leah's last CC on the DT. It won't be the same without her, I've thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to work alongside such an incredibly beautiful person. Leah, you have been an inspiration to me in so many ways & I thank you sincerely for all the help, kindness & friendship you've given me. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future in everything you do.
Getting back to the CC, I managed to win my first game of bingo!!! It only took me a year to do, LOL.
Our theme was "Spring Fling" & my challenge for the night was to make a card featuring a butterfly & stitching of some kind.
This is my card. I've used MME papers & Fancy Pants butterfly diecut & words.



Mel's challenge was to make a layout using flowers you've made yourself. OK, I did cheat & make a card instead but I think she'll forgive me, lol.
I made my flowers from fabric. These are called yoyos or sometimes Suffolk Puffs. They're really quick & fun to make, I actually made a cot coverlet out of them for my DD when she was a baby.
I've zigzag machine stitched the stems & the papers are from Wild Asparagus.



Thanks for stopping by & I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your cards Jewls and the flowers you made look extremely hard to me.
It was a crazy fun Cyber Crop and I enjoyed it.
Thanks.

Chloe said...

Great cards! I especially like the one with the handmade flowers. The pink plaque looks great, especially woth the ribbon. Love the stamped sentiment!!!

Maree said...

I love both of these cards too. You are still my card guru!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh wow, Jewls, I am in AWE of the card you made for my challenge.Divine colours and love those flowers you made Hun.Thanks for playing..xxoo

Anonymous said...

That card is so pretty, I love the flowers, the zig zag stiching for the stem and the lace. I really need to get my sewing machine out to have a play.