Monday, June 2, 2008

Cyber Crop Fun

We had lots of fun at the Scrap Pile cyber crop over the weekend. There were lots of great challenges to take part in & knife edge games of bingo....I'm yet to win bingo, LOL.
The theme of the CC was "Fresh & New". There's nothing quite as fresh & new as a sweet newborn baby so my challenge was to make a baby card & to continue the design through to the inside of the card as well.

Here is my example:



I've used Wild Asparagus paper & frame with a journalling card behind it & I added some punched flowers & pearls.

This is the inside of my card:



Deb's challenge was to do an altered item which included a pocket & some type of folding.
I picked up this box while on holiday in Melbourne & decided to turn it into a memory box.
I've used Pink Paislee papers (.....again!!!).

This is the finished result:



Here is a pic of the lid detail.



Inside I've added a pocket along the back wall & each end of it has been pleated.



Here's a close up of the pleating but it's a bit hard to see because of the striped pattern.



It's a long weekend here so I'm really enjoying the extra day of relaxation & getting lots of things done.
Hope you all have a great week.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hullo there, Great example card fro your CC challenge Jewls and I just adore your box.Simply stunning it is

Leah said...

Love that box Jewls! You have done a great job of dressing it up! Loving those papers too!