Sunday, April 20, 2008

Me...do a Layout????

Now I am no scrapper, that's for sure, but I thought I'd give Melanie's CC challenge a go.
The challenge was to do a vintage style layout including some pearls. This is an old photo taken of my Mum back in 1957. She loved to go dancing at the Embassy Ballroom in Perth, with her friends on the weekends. Back in those days, photographers would take your photo on the street & you could choose to buy it if you liked. The photos I have of Mum are all quite worn so I'm going to get them restored.
The old marquisite watch belonged to my Mum & she would have worn it back during this time of her life.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Gorgeous Jewls! You can't tell me you can't scrap a 12x12!! I love the idea to put your Mum's actual watch on the layout too! The colours really suit the photo! Beautiful memories!

Melissa said...

I can see you doing more and more scrapping Jewls, after all you already are a talented cardmaker, so you have the crafty genes...LOL.It truly is a beautiful LO and tribute to your Mum, and what she enjoyed to do earlier on in her life.I know this was probably hard to do too.Great to have you back BTW....

Maree said...

No scrapper... bahhh humbug! I love it!